Mga Pahina

QUOTES TO LIVE BY


Miyerkules, Enero 22, 2014

Book Review: "Being the Best You Can Ever Be"

          Last year, I was glad that a new title has been added in my bookshelf (Well, thanks to my brother and sister-in-law for a valuable birthday gift!).  The book is called “Being the Best You Can Ever Be” by Francis J. Kong – the country’s top inspirational and motivational speaker, conducting more than 300 trainings and seminars a year and also has a weekend column in The Philippine Star Business Section (which I used to cut-out for clippings since I had read his book).

The front book cover
          His book as it says was ‘an easy read and yet it’s no walk in the park. Because to succeed in life and be the best you can ever be will take a lot of hard work’. It was intended to everyone especially to those who always find themselves musing and murmuring words of despair. It was an easy read because you can easily relate to the situations given as examples that were based on the author’s own encounters which were also the usual things that we can observe around us. Honestly, after reading the book, I felt like something was missing in myself and that was personal growth. It seemed that the author was really talking to me and giving me words of wisdom about it. The words will hit you for good and will made you think of things that really matters in bringing out the best of yourself.

        Let me summarize the book by giving you the titles of the contents: ‘Life Is No Longer Simple, “I Hate My Job! #%*!”, What do you do?, Oblivious Of The Obvious, How Fast Time Flies, Success And Failures, Where Your Worth Comes From, Personal Growth Should Be Intentional , Personal Growth Requires Investment, Personal Growth Will Be Challenged, Personal Growth Requires A Process Of Learning, Personal Growth Requires Daily Action, You Have To Observe And Absorb, The Four Levels Of Learning, Inspire And Aspire, Check Your Attitude, Build On Strengths, Work Around Weakness; Be Contented But Also Be Discontented, Update And Upgrade Yourself, and You Never Know What To Expect. The book as a whole was very inspirational and motivational.

         Another thing that I love about the book was Kong’s writing style. It was simple yet very appealing. He was direct to the point and he was able to share his viewpoints concisely, clearly and creatively.

          Go read the book and be the best you can ever be!

©2014 All Rights Reserved.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

Thanks for reading my post.