Mga Pahina

QUOTES TO LIVE BY


Sabado, Enero 25, 2014

The Tragedies that flashed before the Eyes of A Child

          There was a time when a child had seen too much. A tragedy not just once but twice. 

         Year 1999, the first tragic moment flashed before my innocent eyes. Our house in Marikina City was caught by fire that started from the door next to us. I was only 4 years old then but I could still remember bits of details of what had happened. People were screaming ... "Sunog! Sunog!" Then some men started coming to our house to help moving out our stove, electric fans, and other things from the house that are most important. Of course, we also moved out from our house as fast as we could. I was crying because I saw the flames were getting bigger and our house getting out of my sight. The house of my childhood memories had gone.


This photo is a visual representation of what happened to our house.
          We stayed to my Aunt's (paternal side) house until we found a place to live in and start a new life. As we thought of starting a new life here in Antipolo City, another tragic moment had happened.

          On August 3 in the same year at around 8:00 in the evening, Cherry Hills Subdivision had landslide. Its because more than 500 millimeters of rain that had fallen from August 1, breaking a 35-year record. We were lucky that we were not residing in the said subdivision but our village was just down the hill.







Above photos are the results after the landslide
          Our neighbor kept on screaming, "Guguho ang Cherry Hills!" We have to save our valuable things fast then moved out of the house and found a safe place to go. Imagine a young child who was pressured saving the little yet important things that she have. It was still raining then and people were panicking - moving to and fro. My tears fell again because of the fear I had inside. I was crying because I still have a trauma on the fire.

          The day after that, we were safe, without a place to live in.

         There were few nightmares that I have been experiencing since then. Now, they're finally gone. Thanks be to God because I cannot bear to have dreams of flames, cracked walls and people screaming for help that really became a traumatic experiences to me.

          Its been 14 years, those were just a memoir of the past and the child has already moved on. 

☻☻☻
Sources:



1 komento:

  1. I was also there..I was 4 years old during that time as well and it was the day after my birthday. Since I lived near the gate me and my family were able to get out safely. Although our house had major damaged and was inhabitable. We ended up moving in pasig city. I am still living through the trauma, but its been 14 years. Me and my family migrated out from the country, but its still something we won't forget.

    TumugonBurahin

Thanks for reading my post.